- Approved minutes of the January 20, 2011 meeting
- Report from Closed Session – Bill Dillon, Senior Deputy County Counsel, reported that in Closed Session the Board members present unanimously authorized County Counsel to sign onto an amicus curiae brief to be filed in support of the South Coast Air Quality Management District regarding Southern California Gas Co. vs. South Coast Air Quality Management District, Second Appellate District, Division 5, Case No. B226105.
- Received and filed minutes of the December 8, 2010 meeting of the Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the brief summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of December 2, 2010 through March 2, 2011 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16. (see memo and grant agreement)
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the months of January and February 2011. (see memo)
- (Note: The following item was withdrawn from the agenda since 4/5 of the Board were not in attendance and the item required a super-majority vote)
Request to adopt a resolution amending the FY 2010-2011 District budget as follows: (see board letter and Resolution)
a) Approve an Amendment to the FY 2010-2011 District budget by authorizing a $100,000 release of ITG-Moyer designations along with a corresponding $70,000 increase in Services and Supplies and $30,000 increase in Salaries and Benefits to allow for the implementation of the District’s Offroad Equipment Replacement Program; and
b) Approve an Amendment to the FY 2010-2011 District budget by authorizing a $150,000 release of DMV $2 designations along with a corresponding $150,000 increase in Services and Supplies to allow for the continued implementation of the District’s Old Car Buy Back Program.
- Discharged the uncollectible invoices from Fiscal Year 1992-93 through Fiscal Year 2006-07 as listed on the attached schedule of uncollectible accounts. (see memo)
- Amended the Old Car Buy Back Program as follows: (see memo)
a) Ratified amendment to March 16, 2006 Grant Agreement with Environmental Engineering Studies, Inc. by increasing the not-to-exceed limit from $250,000 to $2,031,750 covering all expenses incurred to date and close-out costs authorized under this Agreement for implementing the Old Car Buyback Program; and
b) Terminated for convenience the March 16, 2006 Grant Agreement with Environmental Engineering Studies, Inc., and authorized the Control Officer to prepare and sign the termination notice.
- Adopted new class specification and related revisions to the Classification and Salary Resolution as follows: (see board letter and Resolution)
a) Adopted the new class specification entitled Network Technician I/II; and
b) Approved and adopted the attached Resolution amending the APCD’s Classification and Salary Plan to:
i. Deleted one and three quarter (1.75) Departmental Data Processing Specialist Senior and replaced it with two (2.0) Network Technician I/II positions.
- Hearing: Considered recommendations regarding proposed amended Rules 202 (Exemptions to Rule 201, Permits Required) and 102 (Definitions) as follows:
a) Held a public hearing to receive testimony on proposed amended Rules 202 and 102; and
b) Adopted a resolution which will result in the following actions:
i. Adopted the CEQA findings (Attachment 1) pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the CEQA guidelines;
ii. Adopted the associated Rule Findings (Attachment 2) in support of the proposed amended Rules 202 and 102 pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 40727 regarding necessity, authority, clarity, consistency, nonduplication, and reference. The Rule Findings also acknowledge public comments received on the proposed amended rules (Attachment 3) and adopt the Response to Comments (Attachment 4) as findings of the Board; and
iii. Adopted proposed amended Rules 202 and 102 (Attachment 5).