The Carl Moyer Program (Year 19) application period has closed.
Who was Carl Moyer? Click here to see our infographic and learn about the man who helped shape the development of California’s air quality policies and why the Moyer program was named after him.
Year 19 Funding for Diesel Equipment and Engine Operators
The District seeks proposals from private and public entities in the county for projects to reduce air pollution from diesel engines, according to the terms and conditions of the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program (Carl Moyer Program). Typical Carl Moyer Program projects include marine diesel engine repowers and replacements of diesel fueled equipment. The District’s grant funding comes from CARB.
Please note how the Year 19 Carl Moyer Program will operate:
- The program will NOT be first come, first served.
- Applications must be submitted during a one month period starting Monday September 18, 2017 and ending Friday October 20, 2017.
- Applications received after Friday October 20, 2017 will be declined.
- Applications are limited to one per company.
- Applications are limited to one new piece of equipment (e.g., one tractor; single engine or paired set of marine diesel engines).
- Projects will be awarded a maximum grant fund of $75,000 or 75% of eligible cost reimbursement, whichever is lower.
- Projects may be offered a lower grant amount depending on available funds.
- Projects will be awarded grant funds based on cost-effectiveness and benefits to public health.
- Grant funds will be limited to the following two programs:
- Grant funds will be reimbursed after the grantee has completely paid or financed the total cost of the project.
- We are not currently providing grant funds for our Agricultural Stationary & Portable Water Pump Engines Repower & Retrofit Program. Instead, please consider pursuing emission credits for your agricultural engines: www.ourair.org/erc-guide/
- We are also not currently providing grant funds for any On-Road truck programs.
- Only Year 19 application forms will be accepted. All previous application forms will be declined.
Applicants are encouraged to email the completed Year 19 application and required attachments to [email protected]. For more information contact Jim Fredrickson at (805) 961-8892. Please consult the Carl Moyer Program Guidelines, and Carl Moyer Program Advisories for modifications to the guidelines and current program policies.
The following equipment categories are eligible for grant funding:
Off-Road equipment replacement
Download Offroad Equipment Replacement application form.
Download Marine Engine application form. Repower of diesel-powered marine main or auxiliary engines.
For information about funding and regulatory resources for diesel truck operators see the California Air Resources Board Truck Stop page.
Questions? Call the APCD at (805) 961-8800, or contact Jim Fredrickson at (805) 961-8892.