The District is required by state and federal clean air laws to adopt rules to reduce air pollution from certain activities. This section allows you to download our rules and track recent and upcoming changes to existing rules. Additional information on how the rules are applied is available in Permit Services and Engineering.
- Current Rules and Regulations
- Rules Recently Adopted
- Past Workshops and Hearings
- Rules Currently Under Development
- Introduction to Rules – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Rule Development Process
- Public Notice – Rules that May Be Considered in 2019
- Community Air Protection – AB 617 BARCT Rule Development Schedule
For more information or assistance on rules proposed for adoption, please contact the Rules section at (805) 961-8800 or email us at [email protected]. Questions on the implementation of adopted rules, and/or permit requirements, should be directed to the District’s Engineering Division at the above phone number, or via email at [email protected].