- Elected Holly Sierra Chair and Janet Wolf Vice-Chair for 2014
- Report from Closed Session – There was no reportable action taken
- Approved amended minutes of the December 19, 2013 meeting (see minutes as originally submitted, and amended minutes)
- Received minutes of the January 16, 2014 meeting.
- Received and filed the minutes from the October 9, 2013 meeting of the APCD Community Advisory Council. (Board Letter)
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of December 2013. (Board Letter)
- Received summary of the renewal rates for employee insurance plans and programs for 2014. (Board Letter)
- Adopted Resolutions of Appreciation for Jon Mundt and Glenn Griffin upon the occasion of their retirement. (Board Letter)
- Approved changes as follows: (Board Letter)
i. Delete one (1) Planning and Technology Supervisor position;
ii. Add one (1) Planning and Grants Program Supervisor position;
iii. Delete one (1) Air Quality Engineer III position;
iv. Add one (1) Air Quality Specialist I/II position; and
v. Establish a salary range for the classification of Planning and Grants Program Supervisor.
- Authorized acceptance of terms and a check in the amount of $10,666.04 for the settlement of United States of America, and the States of California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nevada, Virginia, District of Columbia and State and City of New York ex rel. Ann-Marie Shaw v. CA, Inc., Civil Action No. 06-3552, Federal District Court for the Eastern District of New York. (Board Letter)
- Adopted a Resolution of Appreciation to Roger Aceves for his service on the Air Pollution Control District Board of Directors. (Board Letter)
- Selected Board member Richardson, Vice-Chair Wolf, and Chair Sierra to serve on the APCD Executive Committee during calendar year 2014. (Board Letter)
- Appointed Vice-Chair Wolf to serve as the representative to the South Central Coast Basinwide Control Council during calendar year 2014. (Board Letter)
- Selected Board members Carbajal, Bennett, Richardson, Adam and Patino to serve on the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee during calendar year 2014. (Board Letter)
- Considered the following actions regarding Offsets: (Board Letter; and Staff Presentation pdf)
a) Received staff’s analysis on the Offsets Workgroup options; and
b) Continued the direction of proceeding with public workshops and Community Advisory Council meetings in order to develop rule revisions to address the offsets issue to the March 20, 2014 APCD Board meeting in order to allow for further discussion.