The 2019 Clean Air Grants for agricultural engines is now closed, please contact [email protected] to be added to our 2020 Clean Air Grants email notification list.
2019 Clean Air Grants for Agricultural Stationary Diesel Engine Repower
Replace your diesel powered stationary agricultural engine to help reduce air pollution. The maximum grant fund shall not exceed $150,000 per project, or 80% of the eligible reimbursement, whichever is less.
- Grant funds are limited and available on a first come, first served basis until all funds have been committed
- Projects that operate in a Low income Community as defined by AB 1550 will be prioritized for funding. The AB 1550 map can be viewed at arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/auctionproceeds/communityinvestments.htm
- Projects that use zero emission technology will be prioritized for funding.
- The District may use discretion to distribute funds equitably throughout the county.
- Applicants are limited to one agricultural stationary diesel engine repower project per company.
- Must be a Tier 0 (uncontrolled), Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 engine that is greater than or equal to 25 horsepower with an operational hour meter.
- Engine must be operational, and verified as such by the District at a pre-inspection.
- During the last two years, the engine must have operated 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County. Newly funded projects must also operate 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County.
- During the last two years, the engine must have been in compliance with the District’s Agricultural Engine Registration program.
- Existing engine must be destroyed by a District-approved salvage yard.
How to Apply:
- Determine your agricultural engine’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 5, FARMER Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information regarding the existing agricultural engine.
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
The application window is closed, please check back again next year.
- Download PDF application
- Complete online application
- Contact Mike McKay at (805) 614-6788 or [email protected]
This program is part of our 2019 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions (FARMER) Program, and California Department of Motor Vehicles surcharge revenue. For more information, see 2019 Clean Air Grants.