The 2022 Clean Air Grants Program has closed. The last day to submit applications was August 31, 2022. Please contact [email protected] with any questions or to be added to the email notification list for our 2023 Clean Air Grants Program.
2022 Clean Air Grants for Off-Road Equipment Replacement
Replace your Off-Road equipment and help reduce air pollution. Successful projects will be eligible to receive a grant within a range from $10,000 to $250,000.
- Priority will be given to zero-emission or near-zero emission technology projects, along with projects located within low-income and disadvantaged communities, as defined by this map: https://webmaps.arb.ca.gov/PriorityPopulations/
- The District has discretion on how grants funds are distributed.
- Off-road equipment: diesel powered tractors, dozers, forklifts, loaders, excavators, scrapers, agricultural utility terrain vehicles, ground support equipment, etc.
- Applications are limited to one grant project per Company, LLC, Taxpayer ID, etc. with final determination at the District’s discretion.
- Equipment must have an operational hour meter.
- Existing equipment must be operational, and verified as such by the District at a pre-inspection.
- During the last 24 months, the equipment must have operated 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County. Newly funded projects must also operate 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County.
- Newly funded projects must execute the same job as the existing equipment.
- Pre-determined cost-effectiveness calculations must be met before a project can be funded.
How to Apply:
- Determine your off-road equipment’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 5, FARMER Guidelines, Community Air Projection Project Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information regarding the existing off-road equipment.
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
Program opens Monday, July 25, 2022
Program closes Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Download PDF application
- Complete online application
Contact us via email at [email protected]
This program is part of our 2022 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, and Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions Program (FARMER). For more information, see 2022 Clean Air Grants.