2021 Clean Air Grants for Off-Road Equipment Replacement
Replace your Off-Road equipment and help reduce air pollution. Successful projects will be eligible to receive a grant within a range from $10,000 to $250,000, and not to exceed 80% of the total eligible project costs.
- Projects that operate in a Low income Community as defined by AB 1550 will be prioritized for funding. The AB 1550 map can be viewed at arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/auctionproceeds/communityinvestments.htm
- Projects that use zero or near zero emission technology will be prioritized for funding.
- The District has final discretion on how grant funds are distributed.
- Off-road equipment: diesel powered tractors, dozers, forklifts, loaders, excavators, scrapers, agricultural utility terrain vehicles, ground support equipment, etc.
- Applications are limited to one grant project per Company, LLC, Taxpayer ID, etc. with final determination at the District’s discretion.
- Equipment must have an operational hour meter.
- Existing equipment must be operational, and verified as such by the District at a pre-inspection.
- During the last 24 months, the equipment must have operated 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County. Newly funded projects must also operate 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County.
- Newly funded projects must execute the same job as the existing equipment.
- Pre-determined cost-effectiveness calculations must be met before a project can be funded.
How to Apply:
- Determine your off-road equipment’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 5, FARMER Guidelines, Community Air Projection Project Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information regarding the existing off-road equipment.
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
Program opens Monday, August 2, 2021
Program closes Friday, September 3, 2021
- Download PDF application
- Complete online application
Contact Mike McKay at (805) 614-6788 or [email protected]
This program is part of our 2021 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, and Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions Program (FARMER). For more information, see 2021 Clean Air Grants.