we are no longer accepting applications under the 2018 program. To sign up for info on our 2019 Clean Air Grants program, please email us at [email protected].
2018 Clean Air Grants for Off-Road Equipment Replacement
Replace your Off-Road equipment and help reduce air pollution. The maximum grant fund shall not exceed $150,000 per project, or 80% of the eligible cost reimbursement, whichever is less. Grant funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until all funding sources are distributed.
- Off-road equipment: diesel powered tractors, dozers, forklifts, loaders, excavators, scrapers, agricultural utility terrain vehicles, ground support equipment, etc.
- Applicants are limited to one off-road equipment replacement project per company.
- Equipment must be have a Tier 0 (uncontrolled), Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 diesel engine with an operational hour meter.
- Existing equipment must be in operating condition, and verified as such by the District at the pre-inspection.
- During the last two years, the equipment must have operated 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County. Newly funded projects must also operate 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County.
- Newly funded projects must execute the same job as the existing equipment.
- Pre-determined cost-effectiveness calculations must be met before a project can be funded.
How to Apply:
- Determine your off-road equipment’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 5, FARMER Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information regarding the existing off-road equipment.
- Apply for funding in person, by mail, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
Apply starting September 18, 2018
- Contact Mike McKay at (805) 614-6788 or [email protected]d.org
This program is part of our 2018 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions Program (FARMER), Voluntary NOx Remediation Measure Program, and California Department of Motor Vehicles surcharge revenue. For more information, see 2018 Clean Air Grants.