The 2019 Clean Air Grants for off-road equipment is now closed, please contact [email protected] to be added to our 2020 Clean Air Grants email notification list.
2019 Clean Air Grants for Off-Road Equipment Replacement
Replace your Off-Road equipment and help reduce air pollution. The maximum grant fund shall not exceed $150,000 per project, or 80% of the eligible cost reimbursement, whichever is less.
- Grant funds are limited and available on a first come, first served basis until all funds have been committed
- Projects that operate in a Low income Community as defined by AB 1550 will be prioritized for funding. The AB 1550 map can be viewed at arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/auctionproceeds/communityinvestments.htm
- Projects that use zero emission technology will be prioritized for funding.
- The District may use discretion to distribute funds equitably throughout the county.
- Off-road equipment: diesel powered tractors, dozers, forklifts, loaders, excavators, scrapers, agricultural utility terrain vehicles, ground support equipment, etc.
- Applicants are limited to one off-road equipment replacement project per company.
- Equipment must be have a Tier 0 (uncontrolled), Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 diesel engine with an operational hour meter.
- Existing equipment must be in operational, and verified as such by the District at a pre-inspection.
- During the last two years, the equipment must have operated 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County. Newly funded projects must also operate 100% of the time in Santa Barbara County.
- Newly funded projects must execute the same job as the existing equipment.
- Pre-determined cost-effectiveness calculations must be met before a project can be funded.
How to Apply:
- Determine your off-road equipment’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 5, FARMER Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information regarding the existing off-road equipment.
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
The application window is closed, please check back again next year.
- Contact Mike McKay at (805) 614-6788 or [email protected]
This program is part of our 2019 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions Program (FARMER), and California Department of Motor Vehicles surcharge revenue. For more information, see 2019 Clean Air Grants.