2020 Clean Air Grants for Marine Diesel Engines
Upgrade or replace diesel-powered marine engines to help reduce air pollution. The maximum grant fund shall not exceed $150,000 per project or 80% of the eligible cost reimbursement, whichever is less.
- Projects that operate in a Low income Community as defined by AB 1550 will be prioritized for funding. The AB 1550 map can be viewed at arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/auctionproceeds/communityinvestments.htm
- The District may use discretion to distribute funds equitably throughout the county.
- Non-regulated commercial marine vessels, such as charter fishing, commercial fishing, pilot, work, and research.
- Regulated commercial marine vessels, such as barges, crew & supply, dredges, tugboats, and towboats that comply with the in-use requirements of the CARB Commercial Harbor Craft Regulation.
- Recreational and non-diesel vessels are NOT eligible for grant funds.
- Applicants are limited to one marine engine project per Company, LLC., Tax ID, etc.
- This is at the final discretion of the District.
- Vessels must operate 100% of the time in coastal waters of Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and/or Ventura counties.
- New engine(s) must be installed and operational at least three years prior to the compliance deadline specified by the CARB Commercial Harbor Craft Regulation.
- Applicants must provide records documenting equipment ownership and usage from the previous two consecutive years.
- Existing engine(s) proposed for repower must be demonstrated to the District to be operational and in-service at the time of application.
How to Apply:
- Determine your vessel’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 7, Community Air Projection Project Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information about your marine vessel, engine(s), and replacement engine(s).
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
- Download PDF application
- Complete online application
- Commercial Harbor Craft Report
Contact Desmond Ho at (805) 961-8873 or [email protected]
This program is part of our 2020 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions (FARMER) Program, and California Department of Motor Vehicles surcharge revenue For more information, see 2020 Clean Air Grants.