2021 Clean Air Grants for Marine Diesel Engines
Upgrade or replace diesel-powered marine engines to help reduce air pollution. Successful projects will be eligible to receive a grant within a range from $10,000 to $250,000, and not to exceed 80% of the total eligible project costs.
- Projects that operate in a Low income Community as defined by AB 1550 will be prioritized for funding. The AB 1550 map can be viewed at arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/auctionproceeds/communityinvestments.htm
- The District has final discretion on how grant funds are distributed.
- Commercial marine vessels such as charter fishing, commercial fishing, pilot, work, research, barges, crew & supply, dredges, tugboats, and towboats.
- Funding opportunities may be limited for vessels subject to the CARB Commercial Harbor Craft Regulation.
- Recreational and non-diesel vessels are NOT eligible for grant funds.
- Applications are limited to one grant project per Company, LLC, Taxpayer ID, etc. with final determination at the District’s discretion.
- Vessels must be based in Santa Barbara County.
- Vessels must operate 50% of the time in coastal waters of Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and/or Ventura counties with the remainder in California coastal waters.
- New engine(s) must be installed and operational at least three years prior to the compliance deadline specified by the CARB Commercial Harbor Craft Regulation.
- Applicants must provide records documenting equipment ownership and usage from the last 24 months.
- Existing engine(s) proposed for repower must be demonstrated to the District to be operational and in-service at the time of application.
How to Apply:
- Determine your vessel’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 7, Community Air Projection Project Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information about your marine vessel, engine(s), and replacement engine(s).
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
Program opens Monday, August 2, 2021
Program closes Friday, September 3, 2021
Contact Desmond Ho at (805) 961-8873 or [email protected]
This program is part of our 2021 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, and Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions (FARMER) Program. For more information, see 2021 Clean Air Grants.