The 2022 Clean Air Grants Program has closed. The last day to submit applications was August 31, 2022. Please contact [email protected] with any questions or to be added to the email notification list for our 2023 Clean Air Grants Program.
2022 Clean Air Grants for Marine Diesel Engines
Si requiere asistencia para someter una solicitud en español, comuníquese con el Distrito al [email protected]
Upgrade or replace diesel-powered marine engines to help reduce air pollution. Successful projects will be eligible to receive a grant within a range from $10,000 to $250,000.
- Priority will be given to zero-emission or near-zero emission technology projects, along with projects located within low-income and disadvantaged communities, as defined by this map: https://webmaps.arb.ca.gov/PriorityPopulations/
- The District has discretion on how grant funds are distributed.
- Funding opportunities may be limited for vessels subject to the Commercial Harbor Craft Regulationincluding: Commercial passenger fishing vessels, Commercial fishing vessels, Pilot vessels, Barges, Dredgevessels, Work boats, Research vessels, Ferries, Excursion vessels, Tug boats, Tow boats, Push boats, Crewboats, and Supply boats.
- Recreational and non-diesel vessels are NOT eligible for grant funds.
- Applications are limited to one grant project per Company, LLC, Taxpayer ID, etc. with final determination at the District’s discretion.
- Vessels must be based in Santa Barbara County.
- Vessels must operate 50% of the time in coastal waters of Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and/or Ventura counties with the remainder in California coastal waters.
- New engine(s) must be installed and operational at least three years prior to the compliance deadline specified by the CARB Commercial Harbor Craft Regulation.
- Applicants must provide records documenting equipment ownership and usage from the last 24 months.
- Existing engine(s) proposed for repower must be demonstrated to the District to be operational and in-service at the time of application.
How to Apply:
- Determine your vessel’s eligibility for this program. Please see CARB’s 2017 Carl Moyer Guidelines, Chapter 7, Community Air Projection Project Guidelines, and the project criteria and requirements page for full details.
- Gather the required information about your marine vessel, engine(s), and replacement engine(s).
- Apply for grant funds in person, by mail, email, or online.
Please see application on the right for more information.
Program opens Monday, July 25, 2022
Program closes Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Download PDF application
- Complete online application
- Commercial Harbor Craft Report
Contact us via email at [email protected]
This program is part of our 2022 Clean Air Grants Program funded by California Air Resources Board’s Carl Moyer Program, Community Air Protection Program, and Funding Agricultural Replacement Measures for Emission Reductions (FARMER) Program. For more information, see 2022 Clean Air Grants.