- Election of Chair and Vice-Chair for 2019 – Elected Cathy Murillo as Chair and Das Williams as Vice-Chair to serve as APCD Officers for calendar year 2019.
- Closed Session – Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation (Gov. Code § 54956.9(d)(4).) – Voted unanimously to initiate litigation against HVI Cat Canyon, Inc. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.1 (a)(2), other particulars such as details of the action will be disclosed upon inquiry once the litigation is formally commenced.
- Approved minutes of the December 20, 2018 meeting
- Notice of Violation Report – Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of December 2018.
- District Grant Program Activity – Received and filed the following grant program related activity:
- An update on the Old Car Buy Back Program for vehicles retired during the period of October 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018; and
- An update on the Woodsmoke Reduction Program for fireplace and stove replacement projects during the period of October 25, 2018 through January 4, 2019.
- Employee Insurance Plans and Programs – Received summary and rates of the employee insurance plans and programs for 2019.
- Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budget Amendment and a Waiver of Competition for the Purchase of an Airpointer Portable Air Monitor (See Public Comment received) – Approved recommendations as follows:
- Authorized the following budget amendments:
- Transfer appropriations of $48,200 from Services & Supplies Account #7460 (Professional and Special Services) to Capital Assets #8300 (Equipment);
- Increase appropriations of Capital Assets Account #8300 (Equipment) by an additional $50,000, for a total budget amount of $235,200; and
- Authorized the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District to purchase an Airpointer portable air quality monitor as a sole source procurement without being required to conduct a formal bid process, for a total cost not to exceed $108,200, including taxes.
- Authorized the following budget amendments:
- APCD Fiscal Year 2017-18 Financial Audit – Received and filed the following:
- Fiscal Year 2017-18 APCD Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), also containing the Independent Auditor’s Report;
- The Independent Auditor’s Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards; and
- The Independent Auditor’s Report to the Board of Directors and Management.
- Approval of Contract for Bankruptcy Matters Legal Services – Approved and authorized the Chair to execute a contract with Snow Spence Green LLP for a term of one year (January 17, 2019 to January 17, 2020) and an amount not to exceed $7,500.
- Resolution for Delegating Authority to the Air Pollution Control Officer to Sign Certain Specified Legal Contracts – Adopted a resolution delegating authority to the Air Pollution Control Officer to amend, enter into, and renew certain specified legal contracts, not to exceed $3,500 each.
- Modifications to Classification Specifications – Adopted revised class specifications entitled Office Technician and Accounting Technician I/II/III.
- Received Public Comment
- Received Director’s Report
- Appointment of APCD Executive Committee – Selected Chair Murillo, Vice-Chair Williams and Board member Lavagnino to serve on the APCD Executive Committee during calendar year 2019.
- Appointment of APCD Board Member to Basinwide Control Council – Appointed Board member Perotte to serve as the representative to the South Central Coast Basinwide Control Council during the calendar year 2019.
- Appointment of the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee – Appointed Board members Williams, Hartmann, Julian, Adam and Patino to serve on the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee during calendar year 2019.
- Santa Barbara County Emission Inventory | Presentation – Received presentation from District staff on Santa Barbara County’s Emission Inventory.
New Phone Numbers
The District has new direct lines for all staff, as well as for all of our phone lines, including our main phone number and Complaints line. You can find our new phone numbers on this webpage.
Nuevos números de teléfono
El Distrito tiene nuevos números de teléfono para comunicarse con el personal directamente, así como también para todas nuestras líneas telefónicas, incluyendo nuestro número principal y el de las Quejas. Puede encontrar nuestros nuevos números de teléfono en esta página web.