- Elected Board Member Adam as Chair and Board Member Mosby as Vice-Chair for 2016.
- Approved minutes of the December 17, 2015 meeting
- Received and filed the minutes from the October 14, 2015 meeting of the APCD Community Advisory Council. (See Board letter)
- Received and filed the summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of December 4, 2015 through January 7, 2016 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16, including: (See Board letter)
- Lompoc Unified School District – Lower Emission School Bus Replacement and Retrofit Program; and
- Acquistapace Farms – Off-Road Equipment Replacement Program.
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of December 2015. (See Board letter)
- Received summary of the renewal rates for employee insurance plans and programs for 2016.
- Approved Transfer of appropriations of $150,000 from Services & Supplies Account #7460 Professional and Special Services to Other Charges Account #7835 Judgments, Settlements & Damages. (See Board letter)
- Received and filed the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Financial Audit which includes the following: (See Board letter)
- Fiscal Year 2014-15 APCD Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), also containing the Independent Auditor’s Report;
- The Independent Auditors’ Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards; and
- The Independent Auditors’ Report to the Board of Directors and Management.
- Approved changes as follows: (See Board letter)
- Adopted revised class specification entitled Network Technician I/II/III; and
- Approved and adopted a Resolution which amends the District’s Classification and Salary Plan to:
- Add one (1) Network Technician III position; and
- Unfund one (1) Network Technician I/II position.
- Modified Aeron Arlin Genet’s employment contract to delete a clause in Section 8C that was inadvertently included. (See Board letter)
- Selected Board member Wolf, Vice-Chair Mosby and Chair Adam to serve on the APCD Executive Committee during calendar year 2016.
- Appointed Board member Wolf to serve as the representative to the South Central Coast Basinwide Control Council during calendar year 2016.
- Selected Board members Carbajal, Bennett, Richardson, Patino and Chair Adam to serve on the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee during calendar year 2016.
- Regarding an Extra Help position, approved the following actions:
- In accordance with California Government Code Section 7522.56(f)(1), certified that the appointment of retired Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District (District) employee, Joseph Petrini, is necessary to fill a critical need in the Technology and Environmental Assessment Division of the District before 180 days have passed from his date of retirement; and
- Approved and authorized the Air Pollution Control Officer to appoint retired employee Joseph Petrini as an Extra Help employee on a part time basis limited to 300 hours of service in the current fiscal year in order to provide assistance with emissions inventory and fee-related tasks and with training a new employee.
- Received presentation on the ambient air monitoring network in Santa Barbara County and an update on the strengthening of the national ozone standard from 75 to 70 parts per billion. (see Presentation)
- Adopted a Resolution of Appreciation for Dave Van Mullem upon the occasion of his retirement. (See Board letter)
New Phone Numbers
The District has new direct lines for all staff, as well as for all of our phone lines, including our main phone number and Complaints line. You can find our new phone numbers on this webpage.
Nuevos números de teléfono
El Distrito tiene nuevos números de teléfono para comunicarse con el personal directamente, así como también para todas nuestras líneas telefónicas, incluyendo nuestro número principal y el de las Quejas. Puede encontrar nuestros nuevos números de teléfono en esta página web.