- Approved minutes of the March 20, 2014 meeting.
- No quorum to approve minutes of the May 15, 2014 meeting, moved to next meeting.
- Received and filed the minutes from the March 12, 2014 meeting of the APCD Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of May 2, 2014 through June 5, 2014 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16.
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of May 2014.
- Hearing: Considered the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Budget as follows: (see presentation)
a) Held a public hearing to consider and adopt the budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15, as presented in the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Proposed Budget document; and
b) Adopted the following:
i. Budget Resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2014-15 APCD Budget;
ii. Salary Resolution moving one (1) Air Quality Engineer I/II from unfunded status to funded status; and
iii. 401(h) Retiree Medical Account Fiscal Year 2014-15 Contribution Resolution setting forth the contributions for the fiscal year.
- Hearing: Considered recommendations regarding proposed Rule 323.1, Architectural Coatings as follows: (see presentation, also additional comment published June 19, 2014)
a) Held a public hearing to receive testimony on proposed Rule 323.1; and
b) Adopted a resolution resulting in the following actions:
i. Adopted the CEQA findings pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the CEQA guidelines;
ii. Adopted the associated Rule Findings in support of the proposed rule pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 40727. The Rule Findings also acknowledge public comments on the proposed rule and adopt the responses to public comments as findings of the Board; and
iii. Adopted proposed Rule 323.1.
- Considered the following actions regarding marine shipping Vessel Speed Reduction: (see presentation)
a) Received an update on a proposed marine shipping Vessel Speed Reduction (VSR) incentive trial program in the Santa Barbara Channel; and
b) Authorized the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation for the District to contribute funds to the VSR program.(see Letter to Shipping Industry and VSR trial Letter of Understanding)