- Approved minutes of the May 19, 2011 meeting
- Received and filed minutes of the February 9, 2011 meeting of the Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the brief summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of March 3, 2011 through June 1, 2011 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16. (see memo)
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of May 2011. (see memo)
- Approved $200,000 in additional funding allocation for the Marine Diesel Engine Repower Program.
- Approved $700,000 in additional funding allocation for the Lower Emission School Bus Program for school bus replacement and retrofit grants.
- Received and filed a letter written by the Local Government Advisory Committee to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regarding Draft Guidance for implementing the Exceptional Events Rule. (see memo)
- Executed a Grant Agreement AP101109 with Acquistapace Farms, Inc. of Santa Maria in an amount not to exceed $200,000 toward the replacement of a 1981 John Deere agricultural tractor with a 2011 John Deere agricultural tractor under the District’s Carl Moyer Program. (see memo)
- Authorized the Air Pollution Control Officer to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District (APCD) and the Service Employees International Union, Local 620 (SEIU) for the term June 27, 2011 through June 24, 2012. (see memo and side letter)
- Adopted a resolution amending the Management Personnel Benefits Policy for Management and Confidential-Unrepresented Employees. (see memo)
- Hearing: Considered the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Budget as follows: (see memo)
a) Held a public hearing to consider and adopt the budget for Fiscal Year 2011-12, as presented in the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Comprehensive Program Summary and Proposed Budget: June Revise document (Attachment A);
b) Adopted the following Resolutions:
i. Budget Resolution (Attachment B) approving the Fiscal Year 2011-12 APCD Budget;
ii. Salary Resolution (Attachment C) deleting one Air Quality Engineer I/II and adding one Air Quality Engineer III;
iii. 401(h) Retiree Medical Account Fiscal Year 2010-11 and 2011-12 Contribution Resolution (Attachment D) setting forth the contributions for the fiscal year; and
iv. Designation Mapping and Transfer Resolution (Attachment E) implementing the County’s new fund balance accounts in accordance with Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No. 54, Fund Balance Reporting and Governmental Fund Type Definitions.
- Considered an interim Air Pollution Control Officer as follows: (see memo-amended 6/16/11)
a) Considered candidates for an interim Control Officer;
b) Appointed Terry Dressler as interim Control Officer, subject to the execution of an employment contract;
c) Authorized Chair, Vice Chair or Board Designee to sign and execute an employment contract with Terry Dressler for a not to exceed bi-weekly amount of $9,373.60 and which shall not be executed until on or after June 27, 2011; and
d) If a contract with Terry Dressler is not successful, authorized the Chair to appoint an alternative candidate as interim Control Officer.
- Adopted a Resolution of Appreciation for Terry Dressler upon the occasion of his retirement.
- Report from Closed Session – Bill Dillon, APCD County Counsel, announced the Board voted to appoint David Van Mullem as Air Pollution Control Officer subject to a one (1) year appointment and subject to a contract being signed and approved by the Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting of August 18, 2011.