- Report from Closed Session – Counsel reported that in closed session a motion was made by Board member Richardson, seconded by Board member Wolf to authorize County Counsel to file a letter of support for the South Coast Air Quality Management District petition to the Court of Appeal for immediate relief from a trial court order requiring the disclosure of the identity of confidential complainants.
- No quorum to approve minutes of the March 20, 2014 meeting, moved to next meeting.
- Received and filed the minutes from the December 11, 2013 meeting of the APCD Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of March 7, 2014 through May 1, 2014 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16.
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the months of March and April 2014.
- Approved recommendation of the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee to reappoint David Schmarje to the Professional Engineer position on the APCD Hearing Board for a three-year term.
- Received and filed the Fiscal Year 2012-13 Financial Audit which includes: (see Single Audit Reports)
a) Fiscal Year 2012-13 APCD Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), also containing the Financial Audit Report;
b) The Independent Auditors- Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters;
c) The Independent Auditors- Report on Compliance with Requirements Applicable to Major Program and on Internal Control over Compliance in Accordance with OMB Circular A-133; and
d) The Independent Auditors- Report on Supplementary Information – Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
- Received an update on the California Energy Commission grant award to the Central Coast – Charge Ahead Project (CC-CAP) for electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Hearing: Considered the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Proposed Budget as follows: (see presentation)
a) Received the Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15;
b) Held a public hearing to accept comments and provide direction to staff regarding changes desired by the Board; and
c) Scheduled a budget adoption hearing for June 19, 2014.