- Report from Closed Session – There was no reportable action taken
- Approved minutes of the March 21, 2013 meeting.
- Received and filed the minutes from the February 13, 2013 meeting of the APCD Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the brief summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of March 8, 2013 through May 2, 2013 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16.
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the months of March and April 2013.
- Received and filed the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Financial Audit which includes:
a) Fiscal Year 2011-12 APCD Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), also containing the Financial Audit Report;
b) The Independent Certified Public Accountants Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters; and
c) The Independent Auditors’ Report to the Board of Directors and Management.
- Adopted amendments to the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District Conflict of Interest Code that reflect revised job classifications created by the District since the last code amendment in 2010. (see memo and Resolution)
- Adopted and presented a Resolution of Appreciation to Janice Robinson upon the occasion of her retirement.
- Considered recommendations regarding the District Offsets Workgroup as follows: (see pdf offsets presentation)
a) Received report regarding the District Offsets Workgroup;
b) Directed staff to further analyze two Workgroup recommended options; Community Bank and Clean Technology Fund; and
c) Directed staff to return with final recommendations for next steps, including potential rulemaking.
- Received report on overview of the District’s permitting program. (see pdf permitting presentation)
- Hearing: Considered the Fiscal Year 2013-14 Proposed Budget as follows: (see pdf budget presentation)
a) Received the Proposed Budget for fiscal year 2013-14;
b) Held a public hearing to accept comments and provide direction to staff regarding changes desired by the Board; and
c) Scheduled a budget adoption hearing for June 20, 2013.