Clerk of the APCD
260 North San Antonio Road, Suite A
Santa Barbara. CA 93110
The next meeting date is listed below; the agenda will be posted at least 72 hours prior to each meeting. Attachments are provided as PDFs. Agenda packages can also be viewed at the APCD office during regular business hours. Members of the public may address the Board on any matter listed on the agenda via Zoom. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment period following the administrative agenda. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, persons may address the Board by Zoom only. The times shown for the duration of agenda items are estimates. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the APCD Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection in the APCD office or website. Additional information can be found at District Board of Directors webpage.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact the APCD at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
Past Board actions with recent staff documents can be viewed at APCD Board Actions.
June 17, 2021
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room
105 East Anapamu Street
Santa Barbara, CA
REMOTE VIRTUAL PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ONLY
Important Notice Regarding Public Participation
Per guidance of California Department of Public Health and the California Governor’s Stay at Home Executive Order N-33-20 issued on March 19, 2020 to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19, the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District will temporarily no longer provide in-person participation.
Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District established alternative methods of participation for the Board of Directors meeting, pursuant to the California Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 19, 2020, which states:
- Providing an opportunity to “observe and address the meeting telephonically or otherwise electronically,” alone, meets the participation requirement; and
- “Such a body need not make available any physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment.”
Persons may address the Board of Directors on any matter listed on the agenda. Matters not listed on the agenda may be addressed during the public comment period. The following alternative methods of participation are available to the public:
- You may observe the live stream of the APCD Board meeting in the following ways:
- Televised on the County of Santa Barbara Television (CSBTV) local cable channel 20;
- Online at: http://www.countyofsb.org/ceo/csbtv/livestream.sbc; and
- YouTube at: <https://www.youtube.com/user/CSBTV20>
Please note the information above is for observation ONLY.
- If you wish to make a general public comment or to comment on a specific agenda, the following methods are available. Comments timely received on an agenda item will be placed into the record and distributed accordingly.
- Distribution to the Board. Submit comments via email to [email protected] prior to 5:00 p.m. on June 16, 2021, or through mail to APCD Clerk of the Board at 260 North San Antonio Road, Suite A, Santa Barbara, CA 93110 to be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Your comment will be placed into the record and distributed appropriately.
- By Zoom. Individuals wishing to view and provide public comment during the Board meeting through the Zoom application may join by clicking this link at the appointed time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84158221369?pwd=MTJRSG9pUFZNOTFlZkNWcXFKUTZLUT09
Members of the public wishing to be called on for public comment should click on the “Raise Hand” button on Zoom when the item they wish to speak on has begun. When the Chair calls for public comment, the Clerk will announce you and will unmute your microphone. Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker. The public will not be able to share their video or screen.
- Telephone. Individuals wishing to give public comment via phone are asked to call the number below at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting at 12:50 pm.
Dial-In:+1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968
Webinar ID: 841 5822 1369
All attendees will remain in listen only mode unless unmuted by APCD staff to provide public comment. Members of the public will not be able to share their video or computer screen. To express your desire to speak using the “Raise Your Hand” feature on the phone, dial *9 when the item you wish to speak on has begun. When the Chair calls for public comment, the Clerk will announce you and you will unmute your microphone. Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker
The times shown for the duration of agenda items are estimates. Any disclosable public records related to an open session item on a regular meeting agenda and distributed by the Board Clerk to all or a majority of the members of the District Board less than 72 hours prior to that meeting are available for inspection on the District website. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact the APCD Clerk of the Board at least three working days prior to the scheduled meeting.
A. Call to Order – Roll Call
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Closed Session
C-1 Conference with Real Property Negotiators (Gov. Code § 54956.8)
Property: Assessor’s Parcel Number 111-270-050.
Address: 1011 West McCoy Lane, Santa Maria, CA 93455.
Air Pollution Control Officer Aeron Arlin Genet and
Susan Freebourn, Real Property Agent II, County of Santa Barbara.
Negotiating Party: Gina Gluyas, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Haven Properties.
Under negotiation: price and terms.
Approve minutes of the May 20, 2021 meeting.
E. Administrative Items
Approved by vote on one motion. These items read only on request of Board members.
Receive and file the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of May 2021.
Receive and file the following grant program related activity:
- An update on the Old Car Buy Back Program for vehicles retired during the period of May 1, 2021 through May 31, 2021;
- An update on the Landscape Equipment Electrification Fund (LEEF) Program Year 2 for zero-emission landscape equipment vouchers during the period of November 16, 2020 through May 31, 2021; an
- Summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of May 1, 2021 through May 31, 2021 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 09-14.
Receive and file an update on District outreach activities.
Consider the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget as Follows:
- Hold a public hearing to consider and adopt the budget for Fiscal Year 2021-22, as presented in the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Proposed Budget document;
- Adopt the following:
a. Budget Resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2021-22 District Budget; and
b. Salary Resolution amending the Classification and Salary Plan to adjust the salary for all staff based on the collective bargaining agreements and the Management Personnel Benefits Resolution that are scheduled to be approved by your board on June 17, 2021.
Consider recommendations as follows:
- Approve and ratify the Purchase Agreement and Escrow Instructions (“Agreement”) between the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District (“District”), as Buyer, and Evelyn Muscio Family Limited Partnership (“Owner”), as Seller, to purchase the property located at 1011 W. McCoy Lane in Santa Maria, County of Santa Barbara, known as Assessor Parcel Number 111-270-050 (the “Property”) and the improvements thereon, including a 5,967 square foot building, for a purchase price of $800,000;
- Authorize the Air Pollution Control Officer, or designee, subject to concurrence from District Counsel, to act on behalf of the District to complete the investigation of the Property and either approve the condition of the property or elect to terminate the Agreement as provided in Sections 1.e – 1.g of the Agreement;
- Authorize the Air Pollution Control Officer, or designee, subject to concurrence from District Counsel, to review compliance with the contingency described in Section 1.j and exercise the right to terminate if the contingency is not satisfied as described therein;
- Authorize the Air Pollution Control Officer, or designee, to execute any and all escrow documents and complete further due diligence required to facilitate the terms and conditions of the proposed acquisition;
- Authorize the Air Pollution Control Officer, or designee, to expend funds in a total amount not to exceed the purchase price of EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($800,000.00), plus title and escrow fees and any other costs required to facilitate the transaction pursuant to the Purchase Agreement and Escrow Instructions;
- Approve and authorize the Clerk of the Board, upon satisfaction of the terms and conditions of the Agreement as determined by the Air Pollution Control Officer with concurrence from District Counsel, to execute the attached Certificate of Acceptance consummating the purchase and accepting title to the Property, subject to Owner’s obligation to deliver property at close of escrow in vacant possession; and,
- Determine that the recommended actions are exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Sections 15301 finding that the project consists of the repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing private structures involving negligible or no expansion of existing or former use.
F. Director’s Report (EST. TIME: 10 Min.)
Receive brief oral report by the Air Pollution Control Officer. Report to include items such as: Achievements of District staff, upcoming events of interest to the Board of Directors and the public, general status of District programs, state and federal activities and legislation, updates on air quality, and updates from the California Air Pollution Control Officers Association (CAPCOA). There will be no Board discussion except to ask questions or refer matters to staff; and no action will be taken unless listed on a subsequent agenda.
G. Public Comment Period
The Public Comment Period is reserved for persons desiring to address the APCD Board on any subject within the jurisdiction of the Board that is not included as part of the agenda. Comments shall be limited to fifteen minutes, divided among those desiring to speak, but no person shall speak longer than three minutes.
H. Discussion Items
H-1) Clean Air Rooms Pilot Program (EST. TIME: 15 Min.)
Adopt a Resolution authorizing the District to establish and implement the Clean Air Rooms Pilot Program.
H-2) Overview of Voluntary Clean Air Grant and Incentives Program (EST. TIME: 15 Min.)
Receive and file a presentation on the District’s clean air Grant and Incentive Program.
This meeting will be rebroadcast on Sunday June 20, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. on County of Santa Barbara TV Channel 20.
The Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District Board is adjourned to 1:00 p.m. on August 19, 2021.