See our newest video: Learning about the Airpointer.
View individual videos below or visit the District YouTube Channels.
- Learning about the Airpointer
- A Day in the Life of Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District
- Heat Clean, Save Green!
- Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
- Blue Whales and Blue Skies Media Clips
- Snapshots from 2015
- Snapshots from 2014
- Come to Santa Barbara Open Streets 2015
- Clean Air at Santa Barbara Open Streets 2014
- California’s Clean Air Legacy, by the California Air Pollution Control Officers’ Association
Santa Barbara Car Free Videos
- What can you see #CarFree?
- How to Take Your Bike on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner
- How to Get to Santa Barbara Earth Day #CarFree
- Your Ticket to the Santa Barbara Car Free Experience
- Take the Train to Santa Barbara: A First Look
- Take the Train to Santa Barbara: A Second Look
- Take the Train to Santa Barbara: A Third Look
Learn about our mobile monitoring devices that can be set up in different locations for complaint response and special studies.
A four-and-a-half minute GoPro video showing glimpses of activities at the District from the perspective of a staff member.
A promotional clip for our new Wood Smoke Reduction Program. Heat Clean, Save Green!
A film about our collaborative effort to cut pollution and protect whales in the Santa Barbara Channel region. English and English with Spanish subtitles versions are below. For more information on this effort, see this page.
TV and audio clips featuring our “Blue Whales and Blue Skies” trial incentive program.
1) “Ships Agree To Go Slow In Bid To Save Whales” – British Sky News (at 0:28)
2) Excerpt from “Changing Maritime Commerce Space: The Direction of U.S. Shipping” – Capitol Hill Ocean Week 2015 (at 3:34)
3) “Pilot Program Tries to Slow Down Shipping in Santa Barbara Channel to Reduce Air Pollution, Decrease Chances of Whales Being Struck” – KCLU (local Santa Barbara NPR affiliate) (at 9:25)
4) “How do you save the whales? Slow down the ships” – Public Radio International (Living on Earth series) (at 13:33)
The Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District accomplished a lot in 2015 – see some snapshots of what we’ve been up to!
The Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District accomplished a lot in 2014 – see some snapshots of what we’ve been up to!
Come to Santa Barbara Open Streets 2015
Come join us for Santa Barbara Open Streets on October 24, 2015 from 10am-4pm on Cabrillo Blvd.
Read more at sbopenstreets.org/
A first-person perspective of people playing, biking, running, dancing, and performing in the streets when 2 miles of Cabrillo Blvd was closed for the annual Santa Barbara Open Streets event on October 25, 2014. For more info, visit sbopenstreets.org.
This video shows the impressive work being done by the Air Districts of California, produced by the California Air Pollution Control Officers’ Association.
The District founded and leads Santa Barbara Car Free, an award-winning cooperative project that encourages car free travel to and around Santa Barbara for cleaner air and a healthier planet. See below for videos featuring the car free experience from the perspective of the traveler.