- Approved minutes of the May 15, 2014 meeting.
- No quorum to approve minutes of the June 19, 2014 meeting, received and filed.
- Received and filed the summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of June 6, 2014 through August 7, 2014 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16. (see Board letter)
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the months of June and July 2014. (see Board letter)
- Approved $500,000 in additional spending authority for the District’s Off-Road Equipment Replacement Program.
- Executed District Grant Agreement Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS-005) for the City of Goleta in the not to exceed amount of $17,283. (see Board letter)
- Approved and authorized the Chair to execute a test rental and use agreement with Cooperative Personnel Services for the purpose of reviewing potential candidate selection devices for upcoming recruitments for an amount not to exceed $10,000. (see Board letter)
- Adopted a resolution delegating authority to the Air Pollution Control Officer to amend, enter into, and renew contracts for multiple employee benefit insurance plans to become effective January 1, 2015 for the 2015 calendar year. (see Board letter)
- Adopted amendments to the Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District Conflict of Interest Code that reflect revised job classifications approved by the Board since the last code amendment in 2013. (see Board letter)
- Received and filed information on the District’s update of its Environmental Review Guidelines.
- Considered the following actions regarding the Federal Work-Study Program as follows: (see Board letter)
a) Authorized the Chair to sign an agreement with the University of California Regents/University of California at Santa Barbara Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for students to work part-time at the District; and
b) Authorized the Air Pollution Control Officer to sign one 3-year renewal of the agreement on the same terms and conditions.
- Received an update on the Vessel Speed Reduction incentive trial program in the Santa Barbara Channel and future community forums on marine shipping. (see Board letter, press release, community forum flyer and presentation)
- Received a presentation from Dr. Catherine Gautier-Downes on Global Warming and Climate Change. (see Board letter)
- Report from Closed Session – Chair Sierra reported that in Closed Session, Counsel advised the Board members present that item C-1)-a, Rebecca Armstrong Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board Case No. ADJ8900917, had been settled by the District’s insurance carrier. There were no other reportable actions.