- Elected Kathleen Reddington Chair, and Steve Lavagnino Vice-Chair for 2011.
- Approved minutes of the December 16, 2010 meeting.
- Report from Closed Session – There was no reportable action taken
- Received and filed minutes of the November 10, 2010 meeting of the Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the month of December 2010. (see board letter)
- (Note: The following item was withdrawn from the agenda since 4/5 of the Board were not in attendance and the item required a super-majority vote)
Request to adopt a resolution amending the FY 2010-11 District budget as follows: (see board letter)
a) Approve an Amendment to the FY 2010-2011 District budget by authorizing a $230,000 transfer of designations into the operating budget and a $230,000 increase in expenditures to allow for the implementation of the District’s Offroad Equipment Replacement Program; and
b) Approve an Amendment to the FY 2010-2011 District budget by authorizing a $400,000 transfer of designations into the operating budget and a $400,000 increase in expenditures to allow for the continued implementation of the District’s Old Car Buy Back Program.
- Received summary of the renewal rates for employee insurance plans and programs for 2011.
- Appointed Chair Reddington, Vice-Chair S. Lavagnino and Board member Farr to serve on the APCD Executive Committee during calendar year 2011.
- Appointed Chair Reddington, and Board members Farr, Martner, L. Lavagnino and Aceves to serve on the APCD Hearing Board Nominating Committee during calendar year 2011.
- Appointed Board member Aceves to serve as the representative to the South Central Coast Basinwide Control Council.
- Designated Board member Farr to attend the Santa Barbara County Education Office Grant Recognition Celebration on February 17, 2011.
- Amended the Regular APCD Board meeting schedule for 2011 to reflect the rescheduling of June 16, 2011 to June 20, 2011.
- Hearing – Considered recommendations regarding proposed new Rule 810 (Federal Prevention of Significant Deterioration) and proposed amended Rules 102 (Definitions), 202 (Exemptions to Rule 201), 370 (Potential to Emit – Limitation for Part 70 Sources), and 1301 (Part 70 Operating Permits – General Information) as follows: (see board item)
a) Held a public hearing to receive testimony on proposed new Rule 810 and proposed amended Rules 102, 202, 370 and 1301; and
b) Adopted a resolution which will result in the following actions:
i) Adopted the CEQA findings (Attachment 1) pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the CEQA guidelines;
ii) Adopted the associated Rule Findings (Attachment 2) in support of the proposed new rule and amended rules pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 40727 regarding necessity, authority, clarity, consistency, nonduplication, and reference. The Rule Findings also acknowledge public comments on the proposed new rule and amended rules and adopt the responses to public comments as findings of the Board (Attachment 3); and
iii) Adopted proposed new and amended rules (Attachment 4).
- Hearing – Considered recommendations regarding the Draft 2010 Clean Air Plan and Associated Environmental Impact Report (EIR) as follows: (see board letter)
a) Held a public hearing to receive testimony;
b) Adopted a resolution which includes the following action items:
i) Certified that the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) prepared for the 2010 Clean Air Plan has been prepared in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act, and was reviewed and considered by the Board prior to approving the Clean Air Plan, and that the EIR reflects the Board’s independent judgment and analysis;
ii) Found that the Board has reviewed and considered the EIR prepared by the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments for the Regional Transportation Plan as it relates to the proposed transportation control measures to be included in the Clean Air Plan; (see SBCAPCD-SBCAG MOU, SBCAG EIR, SBCAG EIR Appendices, SBCAG Final EIR Comments and Responses, and SBCAG EIR Resolution)
iii) Found that the transportation control measures approved by the Association of Governments as part of the RTP meet the emission reduction objectives established by the District for the attainment and maintenance of the state ozone standard;
iv) Adopted the California Environmental Quality Act Findings;
v) Adopted the 2010 Clean Air Plan as submitted to your Board on December 16, 2010 and modified as set forth in Attachment 4; and
vi) Authorized the Chair to sign the attached letter transmitting the 2010 Clean Air Plan to the California Air Resources Board.
- Received and filed a report from the Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) regarding the status of Santa Barbara County air quality and Air Pollution Control District (APCD) programs and a preview of issues that the Board may address during the coming year.
- Continued item to receive and file an update on the new federal eight-hour standard for ground-level ozone since a new federal standard has not yet been issued.