- Approved minutes of the August 18, 2011 meeting.
- Report from Closed Session – There was no reportable action taken
- Received and filed minutes of the May 11, 2011 meeting of the Community Advisory Council.
- Received and filed the brief summary of the emission-reduction grant agreements approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer for the period of August 4, 2011 through October 5, 2011 in accordance with Board Resolution Number 02-16. (see memo)
- Received and filed the summary of notices of violation issued and penalty revenue received during the months of August and September 2011. (see memo)
- Adopted a resolution delegating authority to the Air Pollution Control Officer to amend, enter into, and renew contracts for multiple employee benefit insurance plans to become effective January 1, 2012.
- Adopted a resolution forming a Deferred Compensation Committee. (Attachment B)
- Adopted the schedule of dates, locations, and time for the year 2012 APCD Board meetings.
- Hearing: Considered recommendations regarding proposed amended Rule 352 (Natural Gas-Fired Fan-Type Central Furnaces and Small Water Heaters) as follows:
a) Held a public hearing to receive testimony on proposed amended Rule 352.
b) Adopted a resolution which will result in the following actions:
i. Adopted the CEQA findings (Attachment 1) pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the CEQA guidelines;
ii. Adopted the associated rule findings (Attachment 2) in support of the proposed amended Rule 352 pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 40727 regarding necessity, authority, clarity, consistency, nonduplication, and reference. The rule findings also acknowledge public comments received on the proposed amended rule and adopt the Response to Comments (Attachment 3) as findings of the Board.
iii. Adopted proposed amended Rule 352 (Attachment 4).
- Approved three Old Car Buy Back Program contracts as follows: (see memo)
a) Approved a five year professional services contract with Steelhead Recyclers (Goleta), for a not to exceed amount of $1,250,000, for the purpose of scrapping approximately 1,000 vehicles for the Old Car Buy Back Program.
b) Approved a five year professional services contract with Perry’s Auto Wrecking & Salvage (Lompoc), for a not to exceed amount of $750,000, for the purpose of scrapping approximately 600 vehicles for the Old Car Buy Back Program.
c) Approved a five year professional services contract with Black Road Auto & Tow (Santa Maria), for a not to exceed amount of $750,000, for the purpose of scrapping approximately 600 vehicles for the Old Car Buy Back Program.
- Received and filed an update on the implementation of the 2008 federal eight-hour standard for ground-level ozone, and implications for Santa Barbara County.
- Executed interim office lease agreement with Aquistapace Ranches LP for real property located at 301 E. Cook Street, Suite L, Santa Maria, CA, for a lease term of 3 months at a not to exceed rate of $4,500 per month. (see memo)