Newsletters | District Videos | Infographics | Brochures | Factsheets | Key Web Pages on this Site | Public Records Requests | en español | Posters
See On the Air, a newsletter available free
See all our videos here!
See our infographics here!
- Tips for Cleaner Fireplace Burning
- Air Pollution and Health
- La contaminación ambiental y la salud
- Smoke and Ash and Your Health
- El humo, la ceniza y su salud
- Air Pollution and Health – Seniors
- La contaminación ambiental y la salud de los adultos mayores
- What Inspectors Do
- Cash for Cleaner Engines
- Casa Nueva Green Building Features
- School Programs flyer
- Clean-Air Cars
To receive printed versions of the above, please contact the District Public Information Officer, Lyz Hoffman
Coloring Book for Kids (PDF)
- Clean Air Facts for Kids – Air pollution facts, and what kids can do
- Old Car Buy Back Program – $1,000 for your old car, pickup, van or SUV
- Programa de Recompra de Autos Viejos – El Distrito pagará $1.000 por su vehículo viejo, si éste cumple con los siguientes requisitos de participación
- Dust Control Regulations – Rules to control dust from construction and demolition
- What One Person Can Do for Clean Air – Top ten steps for cleaner air
- Lo que una Persona puede Hacer por un Aire Limpio – Diez pasos para aire mas limpio
- Who We Are and What We Do – All about the District
- Planning for Clean Air – How we develop plans, and what they’re used for
- Air Pollution Rules – Our rules, and our rule development process
- Don’t Top Off – Reasons we shouldn’t top off our gas tanks
- Monitoring Our Air – How we track air quality in our County
- Best Practices to Control Dust on Farmland – How to minimize dust and protect yourself against health effects
- Outdoor Air Quality and Schools – Identifying pollutants of concern and potential signs for poor local air quality
11″ X 17″ tabloid size posters in English and Spanish on the health effects of air pollution. The posters were originally developed by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and have been customized with local info from APCD and the local office of the American Lung Association. (PDF files)
Key Web Pages on this Site
- Air Monitoring – More on our monitoring system
- Funding Programs – Clean-engines funds, teacher grants, school bus funding, old cars, etc.
- What One Person Can Do for Clean Air – Suggestions
- Asbestos – A guide for homeowners and building contractors.
- Clean Air Plan – Download the entire Plan, or chapters.
- Notices of Violation and the Mutual Settlement Program
- Permit Services and Engineering – Overview page with links to a range of program areas.
- Variances – If you cannot comply with air pollution regulations.
- Smoking Vehicles – How to report them
- Marine Shipping – Information on this source of pollution
- Air Toxic “Hot Spots” Program – Overview and document list.
- Special Projects Page
For information or assistance, contact the District Public Information Officer, Lyz Hoffman